Friday, October 25, 2013

Don't Postpone Joy



The other day on my way home from work I was driving behind a car with the above sticker on its back bumper. 

It made me smile in the way those "not so coincidental coincidences" always do.  This little message sent to me exactly when I was supposed to see it was so apropos and timely. 

I've been giving a lot of thought lately to how we put things off and patiently wait for the perfect moment to arrive before experiencing what makes us happy. 

So much of our time is spent waiting for the next thing to happen, waiting for the next deal, the next pay raise, for conditions to be just right before we experience our bliss.

I have one dear friend who has a terminal illness and he has learned to embrace life understanding that it all could change in the blink of an eye. I, in turn, have learned a lot from him. I have two dear friends who have in the past year unexpectedly and suddenly lost their spouses.  In your arms one night, sleeping alone the next.

Life so short and no one should postpone feeling joy nor allow anyone from finding theirs.  It's good to have goals and dreams but don't let the destination keep you from enjoying the journey.  Grab joy whenever you can and you will find your life overflowing with more of it every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment