Friday, February 20, 2009

Killawog

I get my hair done at a tiny shop in a tiny town called Killawog. Killawog actually has its own post office but don't turn around in it because you may knock something off a shelf.

I go to Killawog for my cut and color not only because it's cheap ($45) but the hairdresser is excellent. The added bonus is, as I'm sitting with goop in my hair waiting to "process", I get to enjoy the ambiance.

This ambiance is usually in the form of the other patrons of the shop whose lives rival those of Jerry Springer guests. Who had a paternity test? Who was seen at the local watering hole with whose wife? What's your new tattoo? Did your brother get into the plumber's union?

What I cannot understand is that these people go on vacation more often than I have in the past five years! I'm not talking about snowmobiling or 4-wheelin' vacations either (that's every weekend, not a vacation). I'm talking about going to Cabo or on ten-day cruises. I've thought about this for a long time wondering where they get the cash to do this and have come to a couple of conclusions. Either they're putting it on a credit card or they own a meth lab. Either conclusion would work.

No comments:

Post a Comment