Saturday, February 21, 2009

Take care of your body

Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live. ~Jim Rohn

I'll be 45 next month. I've always considered myself to be strong and healthy. I'm also blessed with good genes. I manage to keep my weight under control without having to exercise or be on a strict diet.

Over the past six months, I've noticed changes. A knee starting to hurt. Pulling muscles in my back. A general feeling of weakness and deconditioning. I don't like it.

My schedule makes it very difficult to find time to exercise. Alright, I suppose I should clarify that. I had a membership to the gym. In a good month, I went once a week. I hated it with a passion. If I had the motivation, I could go to the gym after work but I'm exhausted, hungry and just want to go home. I will not keep with a program that is such an anathema to me.

When spring comes, my intention is to walk on the walking trail at the lake after work. That form of exercise is pleasant and doesn't feel like exercise. It will feel good to build up muscle, strength and stamina again. If it's not too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment