Saturday, February 21, 2009

Facebook

I love Facebook. I am absolutely fascinated by how many people I've re-connected with. It's like having friends from high school, current friends, family and co-workers all in the same room. It's a party!

Looking at my list of friends, I'm in awe of the diversity. I think I must have the most interesting, brilliant and/or quirky friends of anyone I know. For instance,

  • my friend, Christian who can start sentences with the words, "when I was a spy".
  • my friend, Dawn who, through her status update, lets us know she's now the proud owner of a gee-haw whimmydiddle. Wiki it. It exists.
  • my seriously warped brother, Eric who updates his status every 15 minutes or so, sometimes when he's sleeping.
  • many people I consider close friends that I've never met in real life.
  • our four grown kids in Rochester, Albany and Massachusetts. There are some pictures they've posted I wish I'd never seen.
  • my stepmother in Colorado who is bed-bound from multiple sclerosis and the bravest, most optimistic person on earth.
  • my friend, Sonja who has written many books and even had one made into a movie you may have seen.
It's hard to not feel grateful for this wonderful group of people who make my life richer by their friendships.

No comments:

Post a Comment