Wednesday, June 24, 2009

10 days to fill

The kids are going to the Adirondacks with their grandparents tomorrow and will be gone for 10 days. 10 days with no one to be responsible for but myself. I've contemplated how I'll spend my time. The last thing I want to do is wonder why I didn't take advantage of my alone time while I had it. I'm having negative cash flow issues (never say you're broke) so I have to be creative with my ideas.

I've come up with the following list:

  1. work on a new small cross stitch project. I have a cute pattern for an American flag I may work on using the colors in my guestroom and the embroidery floss that's stuffed in a drawer there
  2. finish reading my book on Einstein
  3. walk daily at the lake. Maybe go a little crazy and stick my feet in the water.
  4. get ahead in my schoolwork
  5. clean out my car
  6. finally watch Slumdog Millionaire. It's been sitting on top of my TV for weeks and I'd really like to get it back to the nice people at Netflix.
  7. sit in the sun and try to get a little color on this Irish skin

All these options don't cost a dime and I know I'll enjoy each of them. I always seem to be short on time and money. This week, I'll have the time even if I don't have the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment